Forum - The Sexiest Forum on the net - Hunners

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

View full profile

User not found

This user could not be found. They may have deleted their account.

Username:
Password:
remember me?
 Latest:
Help / Support | Settings | View or Edit your profile
MASexybutt
Hard Topic To Discuss On a Sex Site
If memory serves me, I don't recall being alarmed when my dermatologist asked "Would it be OK if I took a sample from (that area) and sent it to the lab?"

"Not at all," I said, discounting the procedure.

Later that month when the dermatologist's name showed up on my phone I remember thinking "This is strange.I don't think I missed an appointment."

"The test came back from the lab and it was positive for HPV."

HPV? Isn't that what they're giving young teenage girls shots for?

Over the course of that call and a few follow-ups I learned some things about HPV.

In a nutshell--and by all means go to webmd or cdc.gov to learn more--

Human papilloma virus, or HPV, is a common virus that affects both males and females. There are more than 100 types of the virus. In fact, certain types of HPV cause common warts on the hands and feet. Most types of HPV are harmless, do not cause any symptoms, and go away on their own.

About 40 types of HPV are known as genital HPV as they affect the genital area. Up to 80% of males and females will be infected with at least one type of genital HPV at some time.

Genital HPV types may be "high-risk" types (such as HPV types 16 and 1eek that have been shown to cause some forms of cancers, or "low-risk" types (such as HPV types 6 and 11) that can cause genital warts.

Most of you will never get 6, 11 , 16 or 18.

I have 6, 11, 16 and 18.

"So I can never receive oral without risking transmitting HPV to the 'giver'?"

"Sorry, no."

"If you check me out right now and I have no symptoms whatsoever, does that mean that I can be sexually 'normal' and not worry about transmitting it?"

"Sorry, no."

"So I will have to wear a condom every time I have sex for the rest of my life?"

"Yes."

"And I should disclose this to anyone I may end up having sex with?"

"Yes."

I felt like the gates of hell had clanged behind me. No medical diagnosis I have ever received hit me harder than this one. No, I was not dying. No, I didn't have cancer. But the one aspect of my life that truly gave me pleasure was now pretty much over for me.

The worst part--to be honest with you--is this: I have never been more horny or felt more sexy than I have the past few weeks.

I feel like I've got the kavorka.

But those days are long gone, folks.

Sorry if this post bums anyone out but it's important to know:

1. Males can get HPV.
2. I've never been with a prostitute.
3. I'm strictly heterosexual (not that that matters; I'm simply giving you the facts of my sexual past.)
4. I have always been monogamous in my relationships and my marriages.

My motto has always been 'Everything happens for a reason' but I have a hard time with this one.

If this thread breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Active Contributor
when you read most threads tits mostly bareback talk, not much concern for STDs

If this reply breaks our rules please 
Forum Level:
Just getting started
Yup the same happens with people who get Herpes and the national average is 25% of the population has it.

Try positive singles.

If this reply breaks our rules please